Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Confession Session

While I am enjoying all the writing this blog is allowing me to do. I'm taking a break today and just throwing some confessions out there! It makes me feel better sharing with the world how I really feel.
Today my confessions seem more like a complain fest, but we are all entitled. Feel free to post yours too!

Today's Confessions:

  • The lower half of my body is so sore that I walked funny all day today. Yesterday I took Landon on a 3.5 mile speed walk with a friend. I have to admit, when I agreed to walk with her I didn't know she would be my personal trainer! Holy crap, I'm out of shape! I canceled on her tomorrow, but agreed to do it again on Friday. Time to get this mama back in shape!
  • At Chandler Rae's 6 month check up I was that germ-a-phobe mommy who was trying to keep us all healthy. This little boy with snot dripping down his face and tissues in his hand kept trying to play with Landon and I was mentally freaking out! There is a well side and a sick side at our doctor's office and his parents were letting him play on the well side. I was so annoyed by this!! I know kids get sick and I'm really not one to freak about this, but we all just got over a lingering 3 week cold and seriously, keep your germs on sick side please! We bathed in hand sanitizer about 4 times and washed our hands twice. I think we made it out okay. 
  • This woman was smoking a cigerate on the playground (like literally on the playground) at the park today. I don't have issues with people who smoke, I mean it's a free country, but seriously on the playground? 
  • As I was putting the kids in the car after the park, I noticed a sign that said,  Caution: State Prisoners Working. Sure enough, there they were emptying the trash cans and cleaning up the park! I am slightly disturbed by this. Am I wrong? Nothing against the prisoners, but I mean really? Who signs off on that? Someone who doesn't have children! 
  • My kitchen is a complete wreck and I don't care! I'm breaking my own rules about having a clean kitchen, but I'm pulling a, "tomorrow is another a day." 
  • I let Landon fall alseep on the couch tonight because he didn't want to sleep in his room. This is a very rare occasion since we are pretty strict on the bed time routine, but hey, he's had a long day too and who doesn't like cuddling with mommy for a while? I would've cuddled with my mom tonight too if I could've. (He's still laying asleep next to me now. I'm so lazy right now that I didn't feel like getting up to move him before I started writing.)
Would love to hear your confessions too! One of the best things in the world is hearing how everyone else is truly feeling. It's nice to know you're not the only one out there who's a little nutty isn't it? And sometimes it makes for a great laugh too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment