Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello Bye-Week

So my husband is the chaplain for a local high school football team. Go Mustangs!! Anyway, Friday is usually his day off since he works Sundays, but when it's football season... we let the team borrow daddy for the day. The boys come to our church on Fridays for food, a quick devotion, and if it's a home game a sports movie. Then of course it's game time! While I love supporting the team and being able to make a difference in the lives of an influential group of high school boys, we miss our Daddy on Fridays! Fortunately for us this, was a bye-week (which is an off week if you don't follow football), so we got to have him to ourselves all day!

We had an EARLY start to the day when the kids both decided to wake up around 5:45am! YIKES, that always hurts, but my amazing husband got up with us. After his work out, he took us all to see Mr. Richard (local celeb among toddlers in the Orlando area, you should check him out if your into that, ha). The kids fell asleep in the car only to wake up as soon as we got home (some nap time)! And then my hubby watched the kids so I could have some alone time at the grocery store.  When I got home, we both got into cleaning mode while my brother and sister to be entertained Landon and Chandler slept. I took the kitchen, while he tackled the bathroom. Yes, you are reading this correctly, I said he tackled the bathroom! Do you see a theme here? My husband is pretty darn amazing! It's something I've always known about him, and I don't know why it took a bye-week for me to re-realize this, but he is. On top of everything I listed above he changed almost all of the poopy diapers today (when you've got 2 in diapers, that's a lot) and put Landon to bed. He always takes good care of his family even his crabby wife who is not always excited about waking up at 5:45am! After all, today was HIS day off and I expected most of this of him. He didn't have to and doesn't have to do all that he does for us, but he does it anyway and usually with a smile on his face. I say all this mostly for me. To remind myself that I really am blessed with a truly amazing man of God who would and does anything for his family. Matt, we love you  and thank you for an amazing bye-week!

Today's Confessions: 

I put Sesame Street on this morning for Landon instead of Barney because I knew I could get 58 minutes to close my eyes instead of 28! I'm not a fan of letting him watch TV at all, but I only got like 4-5 hours of sleep last night and I needed it, plus, that was the only TV he watched all day.

I saw a sweet mini van today and had true feelings of jealousy toward the woman driving it. Wow, never thought I'd see the day!

I lied today. While printing coupons the site asked me if my coupons printed correctly and I said no so I could get the coupon twice. I ended up not using it because I felt bad for lying and found a peelie (one of the coupons on the front of a product) for more then the one I had printed.

2 comments:

  1. I have one of those amazing hubbies too (who is still at work as we speak...) who manages way too much at work, then comes home full of fake energy to pick up my loose ends, and then takes care of me! I don't appreciate him enough, I know.

    And just so you know, I am not big on TV either. But since my kid seems to be heading towards a diagnosis of 'language barrier' (which means she never had a concrete language in her processing from being spoken to in Creole by her caregiver, and Spanish by the day care, with English mixed in from others), the Sprout Channel is our new best friend. She is learning SO MUCH, and I have a bit of time to get caught up on chores from the other 4 kids. So I have no guilt when she is learning (not rotting in front of a useless cartoon) and I am accomplishing ;-)

    And for the record- those 5:45 mornings will end soon enough. Then it will be getting them in bed BEFORE 5AM (as Jake is still up watching Oliver and Company)... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Wendi! We have very similar husbands. Thanks for the 5:45am encouragement! Landon has always been our early riser. Chandler Rae would sleep till 10 if her brother didn't wake her up every morning. And I love the Sprout channel too. It's either Sprout, PBS, or Baby Einstein for the most part in our house. :) Hope to see you Monday at the Mommy and Me class!

    ReplyDelete