Friday, October 22, 2010

Blog Envy!

So I started this blog less than a month ago and I have to say I'm proud of myself. I've been keeping up with at least one blog a week (not too shabby considering how very busy my family keeps me).

I must admit though, at first, I was getting frustrated with the whole thing. I was definitely a little rusty on how to use blogger and I am such a, "when I want it, I want it now" kind of person (working on that, it's not always a good way to be). I really was getting borderline ridiculous with the whole thing! One night I went to bed so ticked that I think Matt was afraid to talk to me. Sorry babe!

Anyway, I got my blog up and running and then started checking out other blogs. I followed a few prior to starting mine back up, but I have to say, recently, I have stumbled across some AMAZING pages! So many awesome ideas are floating around in blog-land and so many woman and moms are out there workin' the blog world! The more I found, the more I got new ideas about how I could improve mine.

I think it will always be a work in progress, but I'm excited about some of the changes I made to it. I will confess though, I was coming down with some major blog envy! I was reading them and thinking, how in the world do these woman have time to put so much into their pages?! While I will continue to frequent a lot of them and get new and innovative ideas, I have had to remind myself why I created mine.

Most of why I started it back up was simply for me. I love to write and I just haven't in such a long time. It's also a great way to keep family and friends and anyone else who cares up to speed on what's up with us Sanders'. It's so fun to share too!

So... in addition to the new look, you'll be seeing some new features on my blog too. I'm going to start what I'll be calling Mondays are for Memories and will be blogging about well, memories. :) I'm also going to try to have frequent Confession Sessions. After all, my blog is about my confession's as a pastor's wife and a mommy of two. Every now and then, if I've got some juicy ones, you may see me throw them in at the end of a posting!

You can check out my favorites page (which is still a work in progress) for some of the sites I've been drooling over. Read some of these woman's "about me" if you want to find yourself wondering how in the world they do it! One day someone may look at me and think that, but as for today let me help you from thinking it with these confessions..

  • Today we had fruit and biscuits from the mall food court for breakfast, Subway for lunch, and hot dogs with "steam in the microwave" veggies for dinner!
  • There are two huge piles of unfolded clean laundry stacked up on the couch next to me and a fun pile of dishes waiting for me on the kitchen counter! I have no plans of touching them until tomorrow!! 
  • I almost forgot to change Chandler diaper before putting her to bed tonight and there was poop in it! How could I forget!!??
  • I let Landon watch Mickey Mouse Club House while eating his dinner. (I HATE doing that, but I needed him to be contained to one place while I put Chandler to bed and I was in the mood for a smooth and easy evening. It worked.)
  • There are way too many piles of paper in my kitchen right now!
  • I'm 4 weeks behind on organizing my Sunday paper coupons and have not grocery shopped this week yet because of it. Crap! 
  • And last but not least, I'm going to bed and letting go of it all! I have to remind myself that I have two small children and a husband and rest is more important then stressing out about it all. 
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sweet Dreams! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look! Great job! And I love following...you keep it real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I felt like my old background was too dark. Needed some changes! And I love following yours too! You're on my "how does she do it all" list!

    ReplyDelete