Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm Slackin'

I'm totally slacking on my blog! I really do have a lot to say, but I just haven't had a minute this week to sit down and type it up! I haven't been on Facebook much either this week, but I have been doing a lot of other very important things like.... putting God first, taking care of the kiddos and hubs, cleaning our house, taking showers, playing with friends, grocery shopping, reading, and here's the kicker... sleeping!!

I have to confess, before this week I wasn't doing a very good job of putting God first in my life and I really think that's why everything else seemed so awry around here. I can still do a better job of putting Him first, but I definitely think that I'm on the right track, and it feels great!

Isn't it funny too how when you do put Him first everything else just seems to fall into place? For the first time in months I feel like I'm actually able to keep up with our house! For so long I have felt like I'm drowning in house work! I feel like I'm actually doing a good job of making our house a home (at least this week)!

If you read my blog, "I'm so Hot," you'd also be happy to hear that I've been showering like, everyday!! It feels so much better to start off the day fresh and clean! It's no good walking around crusty all day plus, its the law (incase you didn't know), if you go out looking stank, you WILL run into everyone and their mom! Probably ex-boyfriends, and people you've worked professionally for too. 

I've been so much more prepared with meals, and crafts and activities for Landon too. Being ahead makes all the difference in the world! I feel like a new person and the days go by so much more smooth when we all know what is coming next. It's no good when your toddler is following you around saying, mmmmm, yummmmm, mmmmm, yummy because they are starving and you have no idea what to give them! I find that I'm much happier with what he eats too when I already know what I'm making. This usually insures at least 1 veggie and a high protein low fat meal! Snack times are easy too when you already have it in position waiting for hungry bellies! Just writing gets me motivated to get started on tomorrows preparations because I know how awesome it feels to be ready for the day before my feet hit the floor and I also know how dreadful it feels to be behind before I even get started! 

I've been using nap times to put my feet up and to get some reading in. And I have also been doing a little bit of quick cleaning while I have the time to focus. I find I'm able to get chores done about 10x faster without the kids at my feet. 

One of the best parts about this week is that I've been going to bed about an hour or two sooner then I usually do and what a difference it has made. Last night I went to bed (aka feel asleep on the couch) at 8:00pm and I didn't get out of bed until 7:45am!! I was up at 3:45am with Chandler, but she quickly went back down. I will say for anyone who is up early with their kids and is hating me right now, this is a rarity! We are usually up around 6-6:30 in our house, but Matt was able to go in a little later this morning and he got up with Landon. Thank you, Matt!!  

It's been a great week thus far and I'm looking forward to an even better weekend! I know when I put Him first there isn't much else to worry about! I may be slacking in the blog world, but the rest of my world is on the up and ups! 


Matthew 6:33

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment