Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'M SO HOT... or so gross, however you want to look at it

So, Friday we decided to do Disney since the football team Matt is the chaplain for had their game on Thursday, and he only had to work a half day. The kids and I picked him up from work and we all stopped at an am/pm (formally known as BP) for drinks and snacks before heading out to Disney World.

Matt ran in while the kids and I waited in the car. It only took a few minutes of sitting there waiting for me to become aware of the fact that I had forgotten to apply deodorant that morning. (I caught a whiff of myself). Forgetting deodorant can be a pretty smelly problem when you're headed to Disney for the day, but I quickly remembered I keep an extra stick in the glove compartment for extra smelly days or moments like these... so I got it out and applied!

I sat for a couple more minutes listening to Landon say "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" over and over again before I realized my tummy was growling at me. Again, I quickly remembered that I had a tuna fish sandwich waiting for me, so I busted it out and chowed down. I was in a couple of bites when I looked over and saw that there was a guy in the car next to us watching me. It's always a little creepy when you notice someone is watching you, but it's also pretty embarrassing when you have been sitting in the parking lot of an am/pm applying deodorant and eating a tuna sandwich!

It was in that moment that I realized... I'm so hot! I mean really, how can anyone resist me!?!? There I was, hot and smelly and eating tuna with mustard stained fingers, but really that was just the beginning!

The more I thought about it, the more disgusted I became with myself! Not only was I was wearing the shirt I wore the day before and that I slept in, but I didn't catch a shower that morning either. (There just wasn't any time! Plus, one of the two times I have actually taken a shower home alone with both kids, Landon cracked his head open!) I proceeded to look down at my shirt and saw that Chandler had spit up on me earlier that day and I hadn't noticed, so it had dried up and wasn't rubbing off easily. Then I looked down at my knee only to be reminded that there was definitely poop on my jeans. YES POOP! (Earlier that day Chandler's diaper fell off the changing table and hit me on the knee. I wiped it up and totally forgot to change my jeans.) At that point it was all down hill for me... I pulled down the visor to look in the mirror and realized I forgot to put make-up on that morning. I also remembered that it has been months since I have plucked my eyebrows and that the awesome mole I have on my chin clearly has a hair growing out of it. Seriously??? Come on!

Lucky for me, I have a make-up case that I keep in the car for days when I'm running behind. (I can usually at least get on some mascara and lip gloss when I catch a red light.) This allowed me to freshen up my face on the way to Disney (which did nothing for the spit up stained shirt or the poop smeared jeans, but hey, it helped)! I also happened to have a pair of tweezers in there which helped my bushy eyebrows and mole problem.

I know that looks are not everything, but I at least like to be sanitary!

We had a blast at Disney and would've had just as much fun even if I was make-up-less, smelly, and hairy! My kids don't care what I look like and neither do the thousands of tourists from other countries whom I will never again see, but really... I was a hot mess that day. I mostly feel bad for my husband! No one wants a stinky wife, but I know he loves me despite my disgustingness!

If you have kids, I'm sure you can relate and if you don't, I'm sure you think I am repulsive! It's hard with two, ages two and under, but this day was a bit of a wake up call for me to start trying to put some effort into myself! Some things just don't matter anymore, like perfectly painted toenails or having every hair in place, but I think I can be a little bit more selfish when it comes to a shower at least every day. It definitely makes me feel better about myself and gets me going a little bit faster when I've been able to splash some water on my face and put on some clean clothes!

We'll see how this goes tomorrow morning when Matt is at work and I'm home with two kids, but I'm going to do what I can to keep it fresh!! I'll keep you posted!

Probably the closest thing we will ever come to owning a dog!
Landon giving Mickey a big squeeze!

Loving us some Minnie! Look at Daddy and Chandler!

Landon had to see Daisy!
Stitch was loving on Chandler Rae! 
AHHHH! 

 Feel free to share how hot or gross you are too! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment