Tuesday, November 9, 2010

MMMBop!- Mondays are for Memories

In a world where Titanic topped the box office and Tamagotchi pets were a must have accessory, there was a girl in 7th grade who fell in love with the pop group, Hanson. (I know, I know!)

In April of 1997 the single MMMBop was released and my world would never be the same. You could say I was (a little) obsessed with the lead singer of the band. My walls were covered with Taylor posters and every night you better believe I was listening to the Hot 9 at Nine on XL. Teen magazines, Bop and Tiger Beat were must haves and I was begging my parents to take me to Best Buy to get my hands on the album Middle of Nowhere as soon as it was released!

Wow. Who would've thought that 13 years later I'd be sitting at Epcot with my husband and TWO children reminiscing about those times!

Last night, Hanson preformed at Epcot's Food and Wine Festival and we were so there! We got to the park, took the kids to see Mickey and to ride Nemo, and then we booked it over to get a good seat! Right away though I was feeling out of place. As I sat there surrounded by grown woman in there twenties and thirties, some wearing Hanson shirts, others wasted and clinching their cameras to get a snap off as soon as the band hit the stage, I realized I'm all grown up, and I'm pretty sure that's a good thing! When the boys came out and got to singing I had to admit I began questioning my sanity at the age of 13. In my mind back then, I was going to marry Taylor Hanson. Last night, I was glad I married Matt! It's funny how much things can change in 13 years!

Oh yeah! Rocking out! You can hardly see them, but they are there!
The boys put on a good show and I resisted singing along for at least half of it, but man, I felt like a nerd! At one point, and I kid you not, I looked over my shoulder to see about 5 woman doing a choreographed dance to one of the songs. In the middle of it, one of them actually had to stop to discipline one of their children! Are you serious?! At that point, I looked at Matt and down at my kids and decided it was time to get out of there!

While I had a great time last night, it wasn't because I got to see my teen heart throb. I had a great time because I got to spend a fun night out with my family.

If only we could know then what we know now! But we can't! And so for all you Beiber fans out there... rest assured that you can rock out to him on the Epcot stage in about 13 years and realize how silly you were over a decade ago.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment