Friday, December 31, 2010

Mondays are for Memories on a Friday... [End of the year edition!]

Hello blog world! I have missed you, but I've also been having a blast with family and friends. This has been one of the busiest Christmas seasons of my life. Shoot, it's been the busiest years of my life, but it's also been one of the best! As me and mine wrap up this wonderful year and welcome in a new one, it's always refreshing to reflect on the good and the bad that made our year, "our year."

I rang in 2010 as lame as ever, asleep on the couch, hubby by my side, an 18 month old snoozin' in his crib, and a baby girl growing in my belly! (I have to be honest, I don't think I have successfully made it to mid-night since Landon was born. That will change this year, I've got a date with this hot guy!) It's amazing looking back and to think we had no idea what a year we would have! 

We put our house on the market in 2009, got an offer and were scheduled to close in April 2010, so we knew we had better find a new place before baby #2 entered the world. We found that place in early January and moved in at the end of the month. Let's just say I never want to move again! (We probably will in a year or two though, we need more space. Hopefully, it will be the last move until the kids are grown!) Our new house is great. All on one level which with a toddler and another on the way was a much better situation for us. It's also in a great neighborhood on a golf course so it's fun for Landon and Daddy to go searching for balls at night. I also love that it's walking distance to 3 parks and a library and much more central to where we "do" life. There really are so many reasons why I like this house better and the more houses we've lived in the more I know what I want and don't want in our dream house.

In February, friends of ours put on a fabulous baby shower for us! We are so blessed to have to many who love us and our children! In addition to getting a wardrobe for little Miss Chandler, about half of the people including me also caught the terrible stomach bug going around. 1 day later I ended up at Winnie Palmer in labor barley 32 weeks pregnant. Praise God they were able to stop the labor, but I was put on bed rest for the next 5 weeks (when our little peanut arrived). Those 5 weeks were crazy, but also a time when God showed me so much about letting others help and just how blessed we are to have such an amazing family, selfless friends, and a body of believers who fed us for weeks!  

April 1st, 2010 Chandler Rae Sanders came into our world. She was 6lbs, 12 ounces, and 20 inches of beautiful baby girl! Apirl 4th was her first Easter and on April 5th I turned "the big" 26. The very next day Landon was admitted to Arnold Palmer Hospital with severe strider caused by croup. He stayed over night with Daddy at his side. It was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced. My baby boy needed me, but now so did my baby girl and since I was nursing her and she was only 6 days old, I had to stay with her. We couldn't bring her into a hospital around sick children. My mom did watch her for a couple hours so I could visit my sweet boy, but it seriously broke my heart leaving him there! It's a good thing my man is super Dad! He took good care of Landon and they were home the next day. That could be a contender for one of the craziest weeks of my life! 

The summer was great! After a few months of go with the flow, we finally began to get adjusted to having to having 2 kids!! The summer also brought lots of swim days, play dates, Disney days, and trips to the park (when it wasn't too hot out). Landon turned 2 in July which still seems so crazy to me and that same week Matt took the youth group to Alabama for 5 days. Amazingly, I survived without him (thank you Lizzy for staying with us)!! 

The fall brought in lots of firsts for Chandler. First Halloween (and all the first that brings on [trip to the pumpkin patch, the farm, and Sea World's Spooktackular]) and her first Thanksgiving. Beyond all of the firsts that the calendar brings she started eating real food, using a sippy cup, and sitting up like a big girl! As for Landon this is the first year where he really enjoyed carving pumpkins and eating the seeds, doing lots of holiday crafts, and of course eating all of the yummy treats too!

In November, Matt and I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss. I am so thankful and proud to call him my husband and so blessed that God gave him to me! Matt, thank you for loving me even when it's not easy!! You make our lives so much fun! Landon and Chandler are so lucky to have such an amazing daddy! Here's to the next 50!

December has probably been one of my favorite months of the year! Landon was so into Christmas this year. He helped me decorate the tree and the house and he totally gets that Christmas is about Jesus and not just presents. He sang happy birthday to him and loved reading The Christmas Story over and over again. He's also excited that his middle name is Joseph just like Jesus' daddy! December has also been a big month for Chandler. She's got some teeth now and she's mobile too! I have never taken the Christmas tree down before January 1... until this year!!  The girl would've taken that thing down if we let her. Landon and Chandler are really starting to play together too. Chandler thinks he is pretty darn funny and while Landon sometimes has a difficult time sharing toys he still gives lots of kisses to his "sissy." He also loves to rub her back and pat her head. More than ever I feel like a family of 4. Chandler doesn't seem like such a baby anymore and it feels like we're really starting to get the hang of this 2 kids thing!

Today is December 31st, the last day of 2010! 

What a year it has been, but I can't wait for the adventure that is waiting for us in 2011! 

Cheers 2010, it's been real! 


*What's really funny is I actually started writing this on Tuesday, but I haven't had time to finish because we've been busy deciding if we were going to MOVE again or not. An opportunity came up for us to move into a house with a yard and a 3rd bedroom, but after much thought and prayer we decided to stay where we are since we already love where we live. We also decided that this year we're going to focus on each other and our kids and that moving would only STRESS us out! The whole thing has motivated us though to start getting rid of anything we don't use or wear anymore so that moving in the future will be easy. I love it when life throws you curve balls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment