Friday, December 3, 2010

Confession Session

I always say I'm going to keep up with my confessions, but I'm bad!

Thought I'd throw in a quick one just for fun today.

Yesterday, we went to an indoor gym that we attend twice a month. Landon loves it and it wears him out! I'm always one to talk to other moms. I just can't help it. It's who I am. I talk to everyone. Just ask Matt, he'll tell you it's true. I get it from my dad. Anyway, I asked this other mom who had both her children with her how far apart they were. (I like to compare with Landon and Chandler to see how it will be for me in a few months or so.) She told me they were 24 months apart. I was like "oh, that's great. Mine are 20 months, it's so fun right? Sometimes crazy, but fun." She said, "Yeah, it is. The difference between my son and older daughter is only 18 months though." I had to think for a second. That means she's had a baby... then 18 months later had another baby and then 24 months later had another baby. Her mom, who was with her, informed me she was ready for another one too. All that could come out of my mouth was, "Wow, you're crazy!" I felt pretty bad about saying that though. If she's like me, she counts her blessings daily and considers her children part of those blessings and all I had after she told me she had 3 was, "You're crazy!" I saw her a couple more times and just smiled, but I could not get rid of the guilty feelings for basically telling her she was nuts. After the open gym was over I ran into her one last time picking up her daughter from the VPK they have there. I told her I thought she was awesome and that I was sorry for calling her crazy. She was so polite and said, "It's okay, I get it a lot and sometimes I do feel a little crazy!"

Sometimes thinking before we speak is a good idea!! This was just one more reminder for me to attempt to do it! We should all consider it, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. It's hard sometimes though! I have totally been the one to just blurt something out and then I think to myself....did I really just say that? I think that we have all been in a situation like this before! Makes for a funny story! hehe Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete