Monday, December 13, 2010

Mondays are for Memories

Last week (on December 4th) Chandler got her first tooth and if that wasn't enough to say, "hey, mom, I'm growing up," she also started scoot crawling the very next day! She's squealing mama, dada, and baba all the time (which see started at 7 months) and is sitting up like a pro! It's crazy to me that she's already 8 & 1/2 months old, but what's even crazier to me is that her brother is almost 2 & 1/2!! I can't remember what Landon was like at Chandler's age. It all became a blur once he started walking. And so... this Monday I'm trying my best to remember my boy as a baby! 

Landon came into our world on July 9, 2008. While my pregnancy was easy, my labor and delivery was  PAINFUL, and I mean PAINFUL! Landon was a great baby from the start. He was always such a happy boy and never really cried unless he was hungry or over-tired. Fortunately for me, he was a great sleeper. Landon slept through the night at only 3 months old and fell into a nap schedule by 6 months! Now, don't get me wrong there were lots of "drive around because I can't get this child to sleep" naps, but for the most part he was a great sleeper (especially when you compare his first 8 months to his sister's)!  Beyond learning the basics of mommyhood from Landon, I learned so much from my little boy about what was truly important in life. He was such a cuddly baby and he clung to his mommy and daddy! Landon was my little eater too! By 4 months he was on a bottle and eating baby food 3 times a day. Personality wise not much has changed. He's always been a people person. He loved (and still does love) to entertain! Behavior wise, Landon was (and still is) my good little boy. He's got a conscious about him and has always wanted to make sure no one is mad at him. For the most part a simple warning was all it would take for him to make the right choice and this is still true today!

I'm terrible when it comes to memory books. My wedding book, pregnancy books, and both my kids baby books are incomplete, but looking back at his baby book full of sticky notes I was able to gather some of these important dates from his first 2 years.

2 weeks old - July 23 - Rolled over - In his Pack-n-play in the Living room with Mommy
4 weeks old - First real smiles at Mommy and Daddy
6 weeks - Giggles with Mommy and Daddy
6 months (almost 7) - February 1 & 2 - First Tooth (bottom right) & Second Tooth (bottom left)
6 months (almost 7) - February 8, 2009 - Baby Dedication - At Journey Christian Church
7 months - February 17 - Crawled backwards about 10 feet with Mommy and Great Grandma at Home
7 months (almost 8) - March 7 - Sat up all by himself - At home with Mommy and Daddy
8 months - March 11 - Said Mama and Papa in the car with Mommy and Mimi
8 months - March 16 -  Began Army Crawling with Mommy at home (3/17 he showed Daddy)
8 months - April 1 - Both top teeth came in (2 years later his sister would be born)
9 months - April 18 - Landon's first kiss (Avalon)
9 months - April 20 - Landon said Dada
13 months - August 14 - First Haircut - At The Harmony Barber Shop at Walt Disney World
14 months (almost 15) - Landon started walking

By this point I was already 2 month pregnant with Chandler and the morning sickness had kicked in. Unfortunately. I really stopped keeping track of specific dates but I can tell you that he moved into a big boy bed around 18 months, he started talking up a storm around 20 months, and he became a big boy at 21 months when his baby sister was born and we realized just how big our boy was!

As for Chandler Rae I have some specific dates, but hardly any exacts. I know she started eating baby food around 5 months, was sitting up by 7 months, was saying Mama, Dada, and Baba by 7 & 1/2 months. I'm going to make an effort to try and write some more of this stuff down! We've got one of those "first year calendar" that I started doing, but now I can't find it, of course.

Here are some pictures of my sweet boy Landon in his first year of life!




And here's my big boy now! 

2 comments:

  1. The day after I wrote this Chandler Rae stared clapping her hands and waving bye bye! And 4 days later Landon counted to 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January 4th - It's official: Chandler Rae is a crawling machine! And now she's pulling up on everything! She'll be walking before we know it!

    ReplyDelete