Friday, January 7, 2011

Word on the street is... TLC will be bringing us more Extreme Coupon-ers!!

If you caught my blog last week about TLCs Extreme Coupon-ers special then you know what I'm talking about. If you didn't you can read it here.


Turns out TLC's ratings were off the chart when their special about four of America's most extreme coupon-ers aired that they have now decided to turn it into a series! According to CNN there are 12 more half-hour episodes on the way! 


I'm personally excited about it because after I watched the special, I was so motivated to get my coupon-ing booty in gear that I saved over $200 the next time we shopped! In some ways I can see how the special and the up-coming shows can make a bad reputation for coupon-ing in general, but I kind of like it. Jenny, the creator of Southern Savers (a coupon site I frequent) shares her opinion here. She has actually been approached to do such a show, but has turned them down for her own reasons and she shares why on her blog. 


From what I've read the series will be debuting in the Spring. I will certainly be on the look out for air dates and times and I'll be sure to share if and when I find them out! 


Happy Friday all! 

And than you so much Sarah Morgan for sharing the 411 on this. You know me too well!! 


2 comments:

  1. Love! It totally motivated me to get back in the game....I have been a major slacker the last couple months! And btw totally impressed with your recent shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I was slacking for a little while too. Life gets busy and sometimes you're just out of food and out of time! If I stay organized and ahead it makes it so much easier for me, but let's be honest... organized and ahead doesn't always happen in my world! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete