Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some Silly & Serious Advice for the Mama's who will soon have two!! ~ Part 1

Oh to be a mommy! It's one of the most amazing and life changing roles in life. There is really nothing in the world like it; however, if you have yet to become one it's almost impossible to explain. I can remember all throughout my pregnancy with my firstborn, Landon, people giving me advice and telling me, "your life will never be the same." Some of the advice was sweet, some of it was rather annoying, and some of it was more true then I could have ever imagined!! (Especially the one about life never being the same!)

It's true. Mommyhood changes everything forever! And while so much of it is amazing and for the better, it is a major adjustment for most. If you are reading this and you are a mommy, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Here's what's funny though... having a another baby will rock your world just as much, if not more! :-) You may think you have an idea of what it will be like and you probably think to yourself, "I've got this. I already have one." But let me be the one to tell you... you think you know, but you have no idea. After adjusting to life with one kiddo, throwing another one in the mix is sort of like readjusting all over again!

Almost 3 years into this mommy thing, it's hard to remember what life was before I became one. Sometimes I have small memories when I go into a store alone and think to myself, "wow this is too easy," or when I'm in my car alone singing at the top of my lungs to whatever I want, turned up as loud as I want it with no one telling me, "my music please," or asking for a drink or whatever else! It's amazing what some alone time can do for mommies! (We almost start to feel like a person again and not just a mommy.) We all need that time, I believe it's very important for us, our marriages, and our children, but the hilarious thing is, when we are finally out and we see other moms or families, we suddenly wish we had our children with us or at least a shirt on that said, "I'm a mommy. That's right!! And I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old!!" Maybe you don't, but I do, and while I do love my "me time," I would choose my hubby and my children over "me time" any day! This is only one season in my life and I don't want to look back and wish I had lived it differently. I want to enjoy my days even the long ones, because while the days can be long, the years are soooo short. (Don't get me wrong I pray a lot too for patience and strength to make it through another day!!)

Mine are 20 months apart which means I had baby when my first was still a baby and while everyone's situation is different I think us mommies are a lot more alike then we realize and we've got to stick together!! With all this said, I thought it would be fun to write a little tips and advice blog for all you mommies about to throw another one in the mix. I'll be collaborating with a couple other mommies who will be throwing in some fun, silly, but also some serious stuff too.

Be on the look out for part II. You'll probably get a big laugh, take down some good advice, get really excited about the new bundle soon joining your family and maybe even get a scary glimpse into what your future will soon be!

*This blog post is all in love and for fun, please don't over analyze. I love my children and would not change a thing about our little family of four! God has blessed us richly and I would never take that lightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment