Friday, August 3, 2012

Life is Funny like that...

So if you read my last blog post, you know there were no immediate plans for moving, babies, or dogs for the Sanders family, but isn't it funny how quickly things change? Four years ago we were watching the Olympics with our newborn baby boy in a house that we owned. Four years later we have two kids and rent our current home (a decision we made to make it possible for me to be an at home mom).

No baby or dog (this month at least), but it is official, we are moving. Like I said in my last post (which you can read here), our current home has served us well, but our suspicions about mold issues were confirmed shortly after I posted that blog.

Our oldest (now 4) was a super healthy boy the first 17 months of his life. Two nights into living here, he needed breathing treatments and still does often when he is sick. Our sweet girly (now 2) seemed to be sick so much of her first year and almost always needs breathing treatments. We knew that moving would be in our near future after hearing our suspicions where correct, but we figured we should at least wait until our lease was up (about 6 months from now)....

To make a long story short, after much prayer we have decided to make a move sooner than later. The one thing I needed from God was confirmation and peace (that feeling in your gut that can only come from Him aka best feeling ever), which he absolutely gave me. I must also say He worked a lot of the kinks out for me too, starting with the fact that we've always been on a month to month lease in our current place, which means we will not be breaking our lease (who knew?)

Anyway, we are very excited about the next chapter of our lives and making our new house a home. The kids are little sad to say goodbye to the golf course and a little unsure about having their own rooms, but getting a backyard to play in seems to make it all worth it to them!

It's always a little sad to say goodbye to the house you've called home and done life in for many years, but we will always have the memories and the people we love most with us and that's all that matters! I always find myself going back to Matthew 6:21 when I picture us walking out the door for the last time. "For where your TREASURE is there your HEART will be also." I think it will be the hardest move for me mostly because the kids are old enough to be a part of it this time and we'll have their feeling and emotions to live through too.

As for now, it's all about packing, organizing, donating, trashing, selling, and still having fun and making memories as a family. I've not been on facebook or pinterest much and haven't had much time to read for pleasure (Although, I decided tonight, I'm going to cave and order a book for my kindle next week!) I have managed to squeeze in the Olympics (I'm such an Olympic geek! Confession: I choose Phelps over Lochte hands down no questions and I cry every time I watch Missy Franklin get a medal). Lately, I've pretty much been the queen of, "sorry, I wish I could and/or I'm so sorry I never texted/called you back." I've had to learn how to say no so much more than I would like to, but honestly, it's been a must for us. {If we're friends I hope we still are after this move and hear me say now, "I'm sorry and I miss you, and I'll be able to hangout again sometime in February!" HA!! But seriously, please know, I love you and it's not personal! I just have to do my job as wife, mommy, and homemaker and over these next few months that means I don't have much time to come out and play.}

So unless I'm so inspired that I have to stop packing and blog, I probably won't be posting for a bit. My goal is to move without spending a dime over what we normally spend on a monthly basis, so maybe I'll share some moving tips here and there time willing! Nothing promised though!

It's been fun fitting in a little blogging in the middle of this moving chaos. Writing has always been a sort of therapy for me and since packing makes me feel like I need to go get some therapy, it's works out for me. I decided today that unpacking is going to be less stressful and somewhat fun (ha)!!

Ta ta for now, Phelps is about to go for Gold for the very last time, can't miss that!

Happy Weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment