Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet Channy girl!

Dear Chandler Rae,

It's hard to believe that it's only been 3 years since we welcomed you into the world! 

I really can't remember life without you by my side. Since you were born you've been a total Mama's girl! (Although recently you've been a little bit of a Daddy's girl. I think you're figuring out that you've got him totally wrapped around your finger and that I don't let you get away with near as much as he does). You help me with the dishes, the laundry, and you are such a big help when it comes to picking up around the house. 

You say some of the funniest things I have ever heard! In fact, right now, you're on the potty singing, "It's a Small World." The other day,  I came out of my room in a dress you've never seen before and said, "Mom, you look so beautiful." Just the way you looked at me and said that melted my heart. 

Recently you've started painting your finger and toe nails and you are so very into your clothes and shoes. You pose just like I used to in all your photos too and I love it. I just hope you always remember the most important part of you is who you are on the inside, but when you mix your cuteness on the outside with your sweet, sassy, silly, and smart personality you are the whole package! 

You are so very strong willed and independent which I mostly love. You've always wanted to do everything "all by yourself" especially as you've gotten closer to being 3. You've been picking out and putting on your own clothes for about a year now and you potty trained yourself just after your 2nd birthday!! Your ability to take care of yourself at such a young age amazes me. There really isn't much you can't do, girl! I love it but it also makes me a little sad. I'm so proud of you and so excited for you when you do new things, but I also hope you know I'm here for you no matter what... to button a shirt or to help you reach something high when you can't quite reach it. I tell you all the time, God gave you a mommy to help, teach, and love you through life and I hope you always remember that!!! 

I can't wait to see you as a big sister in action. Baby {A} is going to love you so much. You already love him so much and he's not even here yet. Everyday you talk to him, sing to him, tell him stories, and kiss my belly all over. You tell us that you're going to hold him and love him and even change all his poopy diapers. You're like a little mommy in action already. 

Your big brother loves you so much too. It seems the older you both get the more and more you play and laugh together. I love to listen to you playing together. It melts my heart to hear you guys having fun together. You are both always saying that you're going to marry each other (which is sweet now, but will be gross later, trust me)!

I hope you know just how much your mommy loves you! Watching you play, talking with you, and being silly singing Taylor swift at the top of our lungs in the van brings me so much happiness. While we have our moments of disagreement and when you are tired and hungry you may show a little too much of your sass, I could not imagine our lives without you. 

I love you Channy Rae! Today, and for the next 364 days you are my favorite 3 year old in the world!!! 

Love, 

Your Mommy Girl 



No comments:

Post a Comment